- Objective of the player is to beat the casino
- To get cards totally 21 or as close to is
as possible beating the dealer.
- 3 outcomes, player wins, dealer wins or tie
cards also called a push.
- Each card has an assigned value: Ace is 11
or 1. All picture cards like Jack, King and
Queen are valued 10. Other cards are at face
- The term Blackjack is used when a player or
the dealer gets an ace and one of the 3 cards
valued at 10.
- When you use an ace as an 11 that is called
a "soft ace" when you use it as a
1 that is a "hard ace".
- The ace must be used as an 11 when the cards
in hand totals between 17 & 21. In some
casinos its a rule that a dealer can only have
a soft 17 otherwise he has to draw cards until
he totals a hard 17.
- Game starts when each player gets 2 cards
and the players make a bet.
- Players only see the dealers 1st card. The
2nd card is only shown when betting is completed.
- A busted hand is when player or dealer draws
cards totalling more than 21. The hand is then
- When a player wins Blackjack he gets 3:2 times
his bet placed.
- When the dealer gets BJ everyoneelse loses
and the dealer wins the players bet amounts
- When a player surrenders that means he withdraws
from the game and loses half his bet. The cards
are then reshuffled and dealt again.
- Alternative to surrendering is doubling up.
When a player thinks he has a winning hand he
can double the bet and get another card.