unlocked: Glossary of Terms:
- Action: A bet
- Advantage: A player's expected rate of win
or loss, usually shown as a percentage of total
- Bankroll: The amount of money a player has
to play with.
- Bet Spread: A difference between a players
minimum and maximum bets.
- Black Chip: A $100.00 chip.
- Burn card: when you remove a card from the
top of the deck and discard it before dealing
the next hand.
- Bust: when your cards total more than 21
- Cage: cashiers location within the casino
- Deck Penetration: the depth to which the dealer
will enter into the deck before shuffling.
- Discards: all cards already played.
- Double after Split : the abilty to double
your bet after splitting a pair.
- Double Down: the ability to double ones bet
before receiving 1 more card.
- Draw: asking for more cards after the initial
- Early Surrender: stopping further play after
getting the first 2 cards and thus automatically
losing half your bet.
- Edge: the % advantage to either the player
or the house.
- Even Money: winning the exact amount of the
- Expectation: the amount that can be expected
to be won by either house or player.-
Eye in the Sky: surveilance camera appropriately
located to look for cheating by players or dealers.
- Face Card: Jacks, Queens & Kings
- First Base: first player receiving cards.
- Flat Betting: betting the samne bet each hand.
- Hard Total: When the ace is used as a 1 or
a total including no aces.
- Heat: what players face by the casino personnell
when they are suspected of cheating.
- High Roller: a big kahuna, a vip, big spender.
More Blackjack Terms...
- Hit: asking for another card.
- Hole Card: card face down, not seen by others.
- House Edge: % advantage the house has over
- Insurance: taken when dealer is showing an
ace or a 10 upcard. It's betting that the dealer
- Late Surrender: allows players to lose half
their bet after they see the dealers face card
unless he or she is showing a blackjack.
- Multiple Deck: games using more than 1 deck.
- Natural: getting blackjack with the first
- Nickel: A $5.00 chip
- No Double after Split: cannot double down
- Pat Hand: a hand where dealer cannot hit because
he has a hard 17.
- Red Chip: A $5.00 chip.
- Resplit: if after splitting once you get the
same pair of cards again then you can resplit.
- Resplit Aces: ability to aplit aces any number
- Session: lenght of time a player plays at
- Soft Hand: when an ace is counted as an 11.
- Stand: when you do not take any more cards.
- Stiff Hand: if drawing could result in a busted
hand. Hard 12 - 16 are stiff hands.
- Third Baseman: or anchorman, last player to
- Tie: or push, player and dealer have same
total - player keeps his bet.
- Up Card: dealers 1st card which all can see.
- Win Rate: % rate of expected wins.
- Whale: high roller, big spender.